Vegetable & Tuna Pasta Salad
This delicious pasta salad recipe is made with zucchini, sun-dried tomatoes, arugula and chunk light tuna. For the best flavor, combine the pasta salad with the dressing about 1 hour before serving.
- 1/4cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4cup red-wine vinegar
- 3tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried
- 2tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 8ounces (about 3 cups) whole-wheat fusilli
- 3cups baby arugula
- 1cup diced zucchini (about 1 medium)
- 25-ounce cans chunk light tuna, drained
- 1/2cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4cup chopped soft sun-dried tomatoes
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- To prepare dressing: Combine oil, broth, vinegar, basil, shallots, salt and pepper in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake until well combined. (Or whisk in a bowl.)
- To prepare pasta salad: Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water according to package directions. Drain, transfer to a large bowl and let cool. Add arugula, zucchini, tuna, cheese, tomatoes, pepper and the dressing; toss to coat.
Cover and refrigerate, without dressing, for up to 1 day. Toss with the dressing about 1 hour before serving.
Per serving (recipe makes 6 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||8g|