Vegan Cauliflower Alfredo
Unbelievably rich and creamy, this easy vegan Alfredo is bound to become a favorite. Be sure to check the ingredient list on your unsweetened almond milk, as some contain vanilla flavoring even if they aren't labeled as such. For this recipe, you'll want almond milk without any vanilla.
- 2cups small cauliflower florets
- 2cloves garlic
- 8ounces whole-wheat fettuccine
- 1/2cup "no-chicken" broth or vegetable broth
- 1/4cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon ground white or black pepper
- 1/4cup chopped fresh herbs, such as chives, basil and/or parsley
- Bring 1 inch water to a boil in a large saucepan fitted with a steamer basket. Add cauliflower and garlic; cover and steam until very tender, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Drain well. Return the pasta to the pot.
- Transfer the cauliflower and garlic to a blender. Add broth, almond milk, oil, mustard, salt and pepper. Blend until very smooth and creamy. Pour the sauce over the pasta and toss to coat. Serve topped with herbs.
Chicken-flavored broth, a vegetarian broth despite its name, is preferable to vegetable broth in some recipes for its hearty, rich flavor. Often called "no-chicken broth" it can be found with the soups in the natural-foods section of most supermarkets.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||6g|
© Meredith Operations Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.