In this updated tuna melt recipe, we go light on the mayo and top it with fresh tomato slices and shredded sharp Cheddar. This allows us to use considerably less cheese while ensuring that there’s great cheese flavor in each gooey bite of this healthy tuna melt recipe.
- 25-ounce cans chunk light tuna, drained
- 1medium shallot, minced (2 tablespoons)
- 2tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1tablespoon lemon juice
- 1tablespoon minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1/8teaspoon salt
- Dash of hot sauce
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4slices whole-wheat bread, toasted
- 2tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine tuna, shallot, mayonnaise, lemon juice, parsley, salt, hot sauce and pepper in a medium bowl. Spread 1/4 cup of the tuna mixture on each slice of toast; top with tomato slices and 2 tablespoons cheese. Place sandwiches on a baking sheet and broil until the cheese is bubbling and golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||2g|