Thai Rice Pilaf
This quick rice pilaf recipe gets bright flavor from Thai-inspired ingredients: lime juice, fish sauce, peanuts and plenty of fresh herbs. Serve it with roast pork tenderloin or pan-seared fish.
4 servings, about 3/4 cup each
- 3/4cup water
- 1cup instant brown rice
- 2tablespoons lime juice
- 2teaspoons canola oil
- 1 1/2teaspoons fish sauce
- 1teaspoon sugar
- 1/4teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1cup chopped pineapple, fresh or canned
- 1/2cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/2cup chopped fresh basil, cilantro and/or mint
- 2scallions, sliced
- 2tablespoons chopped unsalted peanuts
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add rice, reduce heat to maintain a simmer, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit until the water is all or mostly absorbed, about 5 minutes more. Drain any remaining water.
- Meanwhile, stir lime juice, oil, fish sauce, sugar and crushed red pepper together in a medium bowl until the sugar dissolves.
- Stir the rice, pineapple, carrot, herbs and scallions into the dressing. Sprinkle with peanuts.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings, about 3/4 cup each)
|Mono Saturated Fat||3g|