Sweet Potato Skins with Guacamole
Top crispy sweet potato skins with guacamole for a healthy take on classic potato skins in this easy crowd-pleasing recipe.
- 4small sweet potatoes
- 1tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Guacamole & Toppings
- 1ripe avocado
- 1tablespoon lime juice
- 1clove garlic, minced
- 1/8teaspoon salt
- 1/4cup chopped tomato
- 2tablespoons minced red onion
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Tightly wrap sweet potatoes in foil and place on a baking sheet. Roast until very tender, 50 minutes to 1 hour. Carefully unwrap and set aside to cool.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh, leaving a 1/4-inch border (save the scooped-out flesh for another use). Place the sweet potato halves skin-side up on the prepared baking sheet. Brush with oil and sprinkle with kosher salt. Bake until browned and crisp, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Cut each skin in half widthwise and return to the baking sheet, skin-side down. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon Cheddar. Return to the oven and bake until the cheese is melted, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the guacamole: Mash avocado in a medium bowl. Stir in lime juice, garlic and salt.
- Top each sweet potato skin with guacamole, tomato, onion and cilantro, if desired.
Per serving (recipe makes 8 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||4g|