Sweet Potato Salad
Give traditional potato salad a fresh spin with sweet potatoes, peppery arugula and a tangy-sweet dressing. This crowd-pleasing side dish is also versatile; you can add ingredients you prefer in potato salad, like bacon or green onions. Enjoy at room temperature or chilled.
- 3large sweet potatoes (about 3 pounds), peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 4tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3/4teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4teaspoon ground pepper
- 2tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 1/2teaspoon sugar
- 2cups roughly chopped arugula
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Toss sweet potatoes, 2 tablespoons oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper in a large bowl. Divide the sweet potatoes among 2 rimmed baking sheets. Roast, stirring once halfway through, until the potatoes are softened and beginning to brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, whisk together vinegar, mustard, sugar, the remaining 2 tablespoons oil and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Add the roasted sweet potatoes and arugula; toss to coat.
Refrigerate salad for up to 2 days. Add arugula just before serving.
Per serving (recipe makes 12 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||4g|
|Trans Fatty Acid||55.3g|
© Meredith Operations Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.