Stuffed Spiral Ham with Orange-Bourbon Glaze
Sure you've stuffed chicken and turkeys, but have you ever stuffed a full ham? Now's the time! Sliced citrus, garlic and fresh herbs steam in flavor as the spiral sliced ham bakes.
- 18- to 10-pound spiral-sliced ham
- 1/2orange, thinly sliced
- 4cloves garlic, slivered
- 6sprigs fresh rosemary and/or thyme, cut up
- 1/2cup orange marmalade or peach preserves
- 1/2cup stone ground mustard
- 2tablespoons bourbon
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a shallow roasting pan with foil. Between the slices of the spiral-sliced ham insert half of a thinly sliced orange; four garlic cloves, slivered; and sprigs of fresh rosemary and/or thyme all the way around the ham. Transfer ham, flat side down, to the prepared pan. Cover with foil. Bake 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until browned and heated through (140°F).
- Meanwhile prepare glaze, in a small bowl combine orange marmalade (or peach preserves), ground mustard and bourbon.
- For the last 45 minutes of cooking, uncover the ham and spoon glaze over ham. Use 2 large wide spatulas to transfer ham to a platter to serve. Spoon some of the juices from the pan over ham. If desired, garnish with clementines and additional herbs.
Per serving (recipe makes 16 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||2g|
© Meredith Operations Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.