String Beans & Summer Squash
In this summery recipe for summer squash and green beans, cooking the string beans and summer squash in a little seasoned broth adds flavor with minimal effort. Try any fresh herb you have on hand and swap yellow summer squash for zucchini if you prefer.
6 servings, about 3/4 cup each
- 1tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1pound green and/or yellow wax beans, trimmed and halved
- 1large summer squash, halved lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
- 2medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1teaspoon dried marjoram or 2 teaspoons fresh chopped
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beans, squash, garlic, salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are beginning to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add broth, cover and reduce the heat to medium. Cook until the beans are tender-crisp, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in marjoram.
Per serving (recipe makes 6 servings, about 3/4 cup each)
|Mono Saturated Fat||2g|