Spring Asparagus and Wild Mushrooms
A medley of mushrooms and tender asparagus make a delightful side dish.
4 side-dish servings
- 3cups halved cremini, shiitake, and/or button mushrooms
- 2tablespoons white wine
- 2teaspoons snipped fresh tarragon
- 1pound asparagus spears
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon black pepper
- Snipped fresh tarragon (optional)
- In a medium bowl toss together mushrooms, wine and 2 teaspoons tarragon; set aside.
- Snap off and discard woody bases from asparagus. Place asparagus in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Roast, uncovered, in a 400ºF oven for 5 minutes. Add mushroom mixture to the pan; toss gently to combine. Return to oven; roast about 10 minutes more or until asparagus is crisp tender. If desired, garnish with additional fresh tarragon.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 side-dish servings)
© Meredith Operations Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.