Spiralized Mediterranean Cucumber Salad
Save time and spiralize crisp cucumber instead of chopping it for this easy, healthy vegetable side. Want to make it a meal? Just add grilled chicken, shrimp or canned chickpeas.
- 1/4cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh oregano, plus more for garnish
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon ground pepper
- 1large cucumber
- 1cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2cup cubed feta cheese
- 1/4cup sliced Kalamata olives
- Whisk oil, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Using a spiral vegetable slicer with the chipper blade attachment (for thick noodles), cut cucumber lengthwise into "noodles." Cut the noodles into 2-inch lengths.
- Add the cucumber noodles, tomatoes, onion, cheese and olives to the bowl and toss to coat with the dressing. Serve topped with more oregano, if desired.
Equipment: Spiral vegetable slicer with chipper blade attachment
Per serving (recipe makes 6 cups)
|Mono Saturated Fat||14.13g|
|Trans Fatty Acid||0.03g|
© Meredith Operations Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.