Spicy Stir-Fried String Beans
Skip greasy takeout and try this easy stir-fried green beans recipe. If you don’t have a wok, you can make these stir-fried green beans just as well in a skillet.
4 servings, about 1 cup each
- 3/4cup water
- 2tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1teaspoon cornstarch
- 1teaspoons Asian hot sauce, such as Sriracha
- 1tablespoon canola oil
- 1pound green and/or yellow wax beans, trimmed
- 4teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 3large cloves garlic, minced
- 1tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Whisk water, soy sauce, cornstarch and hot sauce to taste in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beans, ginger and garlic; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the sauce mixture; cook, stirring frequently, until the beans are tender-crisp and coated with sauce, 4 to 6 minutes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
People with celiac disease or gluten-sensitivity should use soy sauces that are labeled "gluten-free," as soy sauce may contain wheat or other gluten-containing sweeteners and flavors.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings, about 1 cup each)
|Mono Saturated Fat||3g|
© Meredith Operations Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.