Spicy Chipotle Roasted Potatoes
Roasted potatoes get a spicy, smoky flavor when tossed with ground chipotle peppers. If you like potato skins, just scrub the potatoes and leave the skins on—they add fiber and great texture.
4 servings, about 1 cup each
- 1 1/2pounds Yukon Gold or red potatoes, scrubbed (peeled, if desired) and cut into 1-inch wedges or pieces
- 4teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil or canola oil
- 1/2teaspoon paprika
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4teaspoon ground chipotle pepper or 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Position rack in lower third of oven; preheat to 450°F.
- Combine oil, paprika, salt, garlic powder and ground chipotle (or chili powder) in a large bowl. Add potatoes; toss to coat with the seasoning mixture.
- Spread the potatoes evenly on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast, stirring once or twice, until the potatoes are tender and browned, 25 to 35 minutes.
Chipotle peppers are dried, smoked jalapeno peppers, often used to add heat and a smoky flavor to foods.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings, about 1 cup each)
|Mono Saturated Fat||4g|