Spaghetti Squash with Pistachios & Sage
Serve this low-carb side dish with roast pork, roast chicken or a firm white fish, like halibut or cod. No microwave? Bake squash halves cut-side down at 400°F until tender, 40 to 50 minutes.
- 12 1/2- to 3-pound spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 3/5cup unsalted shelled pistachios
- 3tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 2tablespoons butter, cut into 8 pieces
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1/2teaspoon salt, divided
- 1tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Place squash cut-side down in a microwave-safe dish; add 2 tablespoons water. Microwave, uncovered, on High until tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, position rack in upper third of oven; preheat broiler to High.
- Pulse pistachios in a mini food processor until coarsely chopped. Add brown sugar, butter, sage and 1/4 teaspoon salt and pulse until the mixture starts to clump.
- Cut each squash half into 4 pieces and place on a baking sheet. Brush the squash with oil, sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and top with the pistachio mixture. Broil, turning the pan from back to front halfway through, until the topping is browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
Per serving (recipe makes 8 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat
|Trans Fatty Acid
© Meredith Operations Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.