Slow-Cooker Mac & Cheese
Creamy and classic, cheesy pasta in the crock pot will be the hit of the potluck or family dinner.
3 hours 15 minutes
- 10ounces elbow macaroni (2 1/4 cups)
- 1cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1cup shredded Gruyère cheese
- 8ounces American cheese, thinly sliced and roughly chopped
- 1 1/2cups milk
- 112-ounce can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon black pepper
- 1tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2cup panko breadcrumbs
- Coat the inside of the slow-cooker bowl with cooking spray.
- Combine macaroni, Cheddar, Gruyère and American cheeses, milk and evaporated milk in the slow cooker; stir well and cover; cook on High for 3 hours or Low for 4 hours.
- When there is 30 minutes cook time remaining, stir in Worcestershire, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in panko and cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes or until toasted and golden. Sprinkle over the top and serve immediately.
Per serving (recipe makes 8 servings)
© Meredith Operations Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.