Seared Salmon with Pesto Fettuccine
The brightness of basil pesto is a nice match for the buttery flavor of salmon in this quick and healthy dinner recipe. Refrigerated pesto, found near fresh sauces and salsas at most stores, is prettier and has a better taste than jarred.
- 8ounces whole-wheat fettuccine
- 3/5cup pesto
- 1 1/4pounds wild salmon, skinned and cut into 4 portions
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon ground pepper
- 1tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add fettuccine and cook until just tender, about 9 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Toss with pesto.
- Meanwhile, season salmon with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large cast-iron or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add salmon and cook, turning once, until just opaque in the middle, 2 to 4 minutes per side. Serve the salmon with the pasta.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||16g|