Seared Chicken with Lemon-Herb Cream Sauce
In this healthy chicken recipe, chicken breasts are quickly pan-seared and then topped with a lemon-herb cream sauce. The healthy cream sauce recipe uses yogurt and actually contains no cream at all. The cream sauce also pairs well with seasoned pan-seared cod or salmon. Serve the chicken and sauce with steamed broccoli or green beans for a healthy dinner.
- 2teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil plus 1 tablespoon divided
- 2skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2tablespoons minced preserved lemon, or 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook, turning once or twice, until browned and cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes per side.
- Whisk the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, yogurt, lemon (or zest), oregano, parsley, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Serve the chicken with the sauce.
Preserved lemons are lemons that have been soaked in a salt-lemon mixture for at least 30 days. Their salty sourness is a signature flavor in Moroccan dishes.
Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||5g|