Roasted Zucchini & Pesto
Roasted and tossed with your favorite pesto, zucchini turns into an almost-instant summer side dish.
4 servings, about 1 cup each
- 2pounds zucchini (about 4 medium), trimmed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2tablespoons prepared pesto
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Place a baking sheet on the middle rack of the oven. Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Toss zucchini with oil in a large bowl. Spread the zucchini on the preheated baking sheet in a single layer. Roast until beginning to brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Turn the zucchini and continue roasting until just tender, 7 to 9 minutes more. Return the zucchini to the bowl. Add pesto, salt and pepper; toss to coat.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings, about 1 cup each)
|Mono Saturated Fat||5g|
© Meredith Operations Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.