Roasted Portobello Caps
Think of a jumbo stuffed mushroom without all the high-fat ingredients but with all the flavor. Serve these alongside grilled chicken breasts or a juicy steak.
- 4large portobello mushrooms stems removed
- 1/4teaspoon salt divided
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4cup plain dry breadcrumbs
- 2tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet or roasting pan with cooking spray.
- Place mushroom caps, gill-side up, on the prepared pan. Sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper. Roast until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan, parsley, oil, the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper in a small bowl. Remove the mushrooms from the oven and top each cap with about 2 tablespoons of the breadcrumb mixture, spreading evenly. Return to the oven and roast until the breadcrumbs are browned, about 5 minutes.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||3g|
© Meredith Operations Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.