Roasted New Potatoes & Green Beans
Whoever said potato salad needs to be cold? For this warm version, new potatoes are roasted right alongside green beans, then tossed in a tangy champagne vinegar and Gorgonzola dressing. If you like, you can toss in some baby arugula.
6 servings, about 3/4 cup each
- 1 1/2pounds new or baby potatoes, scrubbed and cut in half
- 8ounces green beans, trimmed
- 5teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground pepper, plus more to taste
- 2tablespoons champagne vinegar or white-wine vinegar
- 1tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3tablespoons crumbled Gorgonzola or other blue cheese
- 2tablespoons finely chopped scallion greens
- Position rack in lower third of oven; preheat to 450°F.
- Toss potatoes and green beans in a large bowl with 2 teaspoons oil, salt and pepper. Spread evenly on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast, stirring once or twice, until the potatoes are tender and golden and the green beans are tender and browned in spots, 25 to 35 minutes.
- Whisk the remaining 3 teaspoons oil, vinegar and mustard in a large bowl. Stir in cheese and scallion greens.
- When the vegetables are done, toss with the dressing in the bowl. Serve warm.
Per serving (recipe makes 6 servings, about 3/4 cup each)
|Mono Saturated Fat
© Meredith Operations Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.