Roasted Chicken Thighs, Potatoes & Scallions with Herb Vinaigrette
Roasting chicken thighs directly on top of the vegetables bastes the scallions and potatoes with delicious drippings in this healthy dinner recipe. Serve with steamed broccoli, sautéed spinach or a mixed green salad.
- 12ounces new potatoes, quartered
- 2bunches scallions, trimmed
- 4tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3/4teaspoon ground pepper, divided
- 1/2teaspoon salt, divided
- 4large boneless, skinless chicken thighs (1-1¼ pounds), trimmed
- 2tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh herbs, such as dill, thyme and/or parsley
- 1tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 1tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Toss potatoes and scallions with 4 teaspoons oil and 1/4 teaspoon each pepper and salt in a large bowl. Spread evenly on a large rimmed baking sheet. Place chicken on top; drizzle with 2 teaspoons oil and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon each pepper and salt. Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165°F and the potatoes are tender, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the remaining 2 tablespoons oil and 1/4 teaspoon pepper with vinegar, herbs, mustard and shallot in a small bowl. Serve drizzled over the chicken and vegetables.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||13g|
© Meredith Operations Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.