Roasted Autumn Vegetables & Chicken Sausage
Butternut squash, Brussels sprouts, garlic and sausage all roast on one sheet pan in this super-easy dinner. We’re partial to the flavor of chicken-apple sausage, but you can pick whatever variety of chicken sausage you prefer. Serve with crusty bread and a dollop of whole-grain mustard.
- 120-ounce package cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved (or quartered if large)
- 1large red onion, halved and thickly sliced (1/2-inch)
- 4cloves garlic, minced
- 3tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh sage or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon ground pepper
- 4links cooked chicken sausage (12 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine squash, Brussels sprouts, onion, garlic, oil, rosemary, sage, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Spread on a large rimmed baking sheet. Roast for 10 minutes.
- Stir the vegetables and place sausages on the pan. Continue roasting, stirring once or twice, until the vegetables are tender, 20 to 25 minutes more.
A 20-ounce package of cubed butternut squash is equivalent 5 cups of 1- to 2-inch pieces. Or, you can prep your own cubes of squash from a whole, peeled and seeded butternut squash.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||8g|