Peanut-Tofu Cabbage Wraps
Cabbage is a tasty low-calorie stand-in for buns or bread in this healthy, gluten-free lettuce wrap recipe. Don’t limit yourself to cabbage for this recipe—any fresh green sturdy enough to wrap around 1/2 cup of filling works.
- 8small napa or Savoy cabbage leaves or 4 large, cut in half crosswise
- 1tablespoon canola oil
- 114- to 16-ounce package extra-firm tofu, patted dry and crumbled
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 5tablespoons prepared peanut sauce
- 1tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 1/2teaspoons lime zest
- 1cup julienned Asian pear
- 1cup julienned English cucumber
- 1/4cup finely chopped cilantro
- Wash and dry cabbage leaves well and cut out any tough ribs or stems.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu, season with salt and cook, stirring often, until just golden brown, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk peanut sauce, vinegar and lime zest in a small bowl.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add the sauce mixture and stir to combine. Serve the tofu in the cabbage leaves, topped with pear, cucumber and cilantro.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||4g|
© Meredith Operations Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.