Muffin-Tin Quiches with Smoked Cheddar & Potato
Potatoes, cheese and greens make this mini quiche recipe delicious and satisfying. Bake up a batch over the weekend and you’ll have breakfast available in a hurry for the rest of the week.
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2cups finely diced red-skinned potatoes
- 1cup diced red onion
- 3/4teaspoon salt, divided
- 8large eggs
- 1cup shredded smoked Cheddar cheese
- 1/2cup low-fat milk
- 1/2teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 1/2cups chopped fresh spinach
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes, onion and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring, until the potatoes are just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool 5 minutes.
- Whisk eggs, cheese, milk, pepper and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Stir in spinach and the potato mixture. Divide the quiche mixture among the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake until firm to the touch, about 25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before removing from the tin.
Individually wrap in plastic and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month. To reheat, remove plastic, wrap in a paper towel and microwave on High for 30 to 60 seconds.
Muffin tin with 12 (1/2-cup) cups
Per serving (recipe makes 6 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||6g|