Mozzarella, Basil & Zucchini Frittata
This vegetable-studded frittata recipe is one of the quickest meals you can make. Make it for breakfast, or serve for lunch or dinner with a tossed salad and a slice of olive oil-drizzled crusty baguette.
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2cups thinly sliced red onion
- 1 1/2cups chopped zucchini
- 7large eggs, beaten
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3/5cup pearl-size or baby fresh mozzarella balls (about 4 ounces)
- 3tablespoons chopped soft sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat broiler.
- Heat oil in a large broiler-safe nonstick or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and zucchini and cook, stirring frequently, until soft, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs, salt and pepper in a bowl. Pour the eggs over the vegetables in the pan. Cook, lifting the edges to allow uncooked egg from the middle to flow underneath, until nearly set, about 2 minutes. Arrange mozzarella and sun-dried tomatoes on top and place the skillet under the broiler until the eggs are slightly browned, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Let stand for 3 minutes. Top with basil.
- To release the frittata from the pan, run a spatula around the edge, then underneath, until you can slide or lift it out onto a cutting board or serving plate. Cut into 4 slices and serve.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||9g|
© Meredith Operations Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.