Mediterranean Chickpea Quinoa Bowl
Quinoa and chickpeas pack this vegetarian grain bowl with plenty of plant-based protein. Whip up a batch of these Mediterranean meals and pack in containers with lids to stash in the fridge for easy, healthy grab & go lunches all week long.
- 17-ounce jar roasted red peppers, rinsed
- 1/4cup slivered almonds
- 4tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1small clove garlic, crushed
- 1teaspoon paprika
- 1/2teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 2cups cooked quinoa
- 1/4cup Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/4cup finely chopped red onion
- 115-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1cup diced cucumber
- 1/4cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Place peppers, almonds, 2 tablespoons oil, garlic, paprika, cumin and crushed red pepper (if using) in a mini food processor. Puree until fairly smooth.
- Combine quinoa, olives, red onion and the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a medium bowl.
- To serve, divide the quinoa mixture among 4 bowls and top with equal amounts of the chickpeas, cucumber and the red pepper sauce. Sprinkle with feta and parsley.
To make ahead: Prepare red pepper sauce (Step 1) and quinoa (Step 2); refrigerate in separate containers. Assemble just before serving.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||27g|
© Meredith Operations Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.