Mediterranean Chicken Quinoa Bowl
Olives, cucumber, roasted red peppers and spices come together magically in this healthy chicken quinoa bowl recipe. Serve with a squeeze of lemon.
- 1pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon ground pepper
- 17-ounce jar roasted red peppers, rinsed
- 1/4cup slivered almonds
- 4tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1small clove garlic, crushed
- 1teaspoon paprika
- 1/2teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 2cups cooked quinoa
- 1/4cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/4cup finely chopped red onion
- 1cup diced cucumber
- 1/4cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Position a rack in upper third of oven; preheat broiler to high. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and place on the prepared baking sheet. Broil, turning once, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part reads 165°F, 14 to 18 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a clean cutting board and slice or shred.
- Meanwhile, place peppers, almonds, 2 tablespoons oil, garlic, paprika, cumin and crushed red pepper (if using) in a mini food processor. Puree until fairly smooth.
- Combine quinoa, olives, red onion and the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a medium bowl.
- To serve, divide the quinoa mixture among 4 bowls and top with equal amounts of cucumber, the chicken and the red pepper sauce. Sprinkle with feta and parsley.
Prepare chicken (Step 2), red pepper sauce (Step 3) and quinoa (Step 4); refrigerate in separate containers. Assemble just before serving.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||28g|