We love the maple-nut flavor combination of this heart-healthy granola, but feel free to substitute your favorite nuts or dried fruit for your own custom blend.
1 hour 40 minutes
- 5cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1cup unsweetened coconut chips or flakes
- 1/2cup sliced almonds
- 1/2cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2cup light brown sugar
- 1/3cup unsalted pumpkin seeds
- 1/3cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/2cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2cup water
- 1/4cup canola oil
- 1/2cup dried cranberries
- 1/2cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 275°F.
- Combine oats, coconut, almonds, pecans, brown sugar, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds in a large bowl. Combine syrup, water and oil in a medium bowl or large measuring cup and pour over the oat mixture; stir until well combined. Spread the mixture into a large (12-by-15-inch) roasting pan or large rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven, stir, and continue baking until golden brown and beginning to crisp, about 45 minutes more. Stir in cranberries and raisins. Let cool completely before storing.
Large thin flakes of dried unsweetened coconut called coconut chips make attractive garnishes. To toast: Place coconut chips or flakes in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat and cook, stirring constantly, until light brown in spots, 4 to 8 minutes.
People with celiac disease or gluten-sensitivity should use oats that are labeled “gluten-free,” as oats are often cross-contaminated with wheat and barley.
Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Per serving (recipe makes 10 cups)
|Mono Saturated Fat||4.68g|
|Trans Fatty Acid||0.02g|
© Meredith Operations Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.