Lentil & Roasted Vegetable Salad with Green Goddess Dressing
Goddess dressing typically gets its umami-ness from anchovies, but we use miso in this super green salad recipe to keep it vegetarian. Substitute 2 chopped anchovies for the miso if you like. Or add baked tofu, poached salmon or grilled chicken for a boost of protein.
- 4cups broccoli florets (about 8 ounces)
- 2cups trimmed and halved green beans (about 6 ounces)
- 1tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2teaspoon ground pepper, divided
- 2 1/2cups water
- 3/4cup French green lentils
- 1/2cup chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley, tarragon and chives
- 1/3cup mayonnaise
- 1/4cup buttermilk
- 1tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2teaspoons white miso
- 1small clove garlic, quartered
- 8cups torn escarole or green leaf lettuce
- 2cups thinly sliced kale
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss broccoli and green beans with oil and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper on a large rimmed baking sheet. Roast, stirring once, until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring water and lentils to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook until tender, about 25 minutes. Rinse and drain well.
- Combine herbs, mayonnaise, buttermilk, lemon juice, miso, garlic and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a food processor or blender. Process until smooth.
- Gently toss escarole (or lettuce) and kale with the roasted vegetables and lentils in a large bowl. Serve with the dressing.
French green lentils, compared to brown, hold their shape (instead of breaking down) when cooked.
Refrigerate cooked lentils (Step 3) and dressing (Step 4) separately for up to 3 days. Bring to room temperature before tossing with greens.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||6g|
© Meredith Operations Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.