Jalapeño-Popper Stuffed Chicken
Stuff all the flavors of fried jalapeño poppers into a creamy filling for stuffed chicken breasts. This healthy baked chicken recipe is great with a side of green beans for an easy dinner.
- 1/4cup finely chopped pickled jalapeños
- 1/4cup Monterey Jack cheese
- 2tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1large egg
- 1/4cup cornmeal
- 2skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon ground pepper
- 1tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine jalapeños, cheese and cream cheese in a small bowl.
- Lightly beat egg in a shallow dish. Place the cornmeal in a separate shallow dish.
- Cut a horizontal slit along the thin, long edge of the chicken breasts, nearly through to the opposite side. Place half the filling in the center and press the edges firmly together. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper. Coat the chicken in the egg, then dredge in the cornmeal.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat; add the chicken and cook until lightly browned on one side, about 3 minutes. Turn the chicken over and place the skillet in the oven. Roast until an instant-read thermometer registers 165°F, 10 to 15 minutes.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||5g|