Grilled Chicken Thighs with Summer Corn Salad
Chicken thighs are easy on the budget and great for grilling because they stay moist in the heat. Here, they are paired with a fresh corn and tomato salad for a simple summer dinner. When grilling skin-on chicken thighs, watch for flare-ups. Move the chicken away from the flames and reduce heat, if necessary, to keep it from charring.
4 thighs & 4 cups salad
- 4large bone-in chicken thighs (1 3/4-2 pounds), trimmed
- 3tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2teaspoon ground pepper, divided
- 2tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 1/2cups corn kernels (from 3 ears corn)
- 1cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 3scallions, sliced
- 1/4cup chopped fresh basil
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Brush chicken with 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle all over with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Place the chicken on the grill, skin-side down, and cook, turning once, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165°F, 23 to 28 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk vinegar with the remaining 2 tablespoons oil and remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add corn, tomatoes, scallions and basil. Toss to coat. Serve the salad with grilled chicken.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 thighs & 4 cups salad)
|Mono Saturated Fat||12.43g|
|Trans Fatty Acid||0.02g|
© Meredith Operations Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.