Green Veggie Bowl with Chicken & Lemon-Tahini Dressing
For this healthy 30-minute dinner, treat your veggies like pasta and cook until al dente, or just done. If you have a little extra time, double or triple the lemon-tahini dressing and use it to quickly dress a salad or as a sauce for steak or shrimp.
- 1/4cup tahini
- 1/4cup cold water plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 1/4cup lemon juice
- 1/2teaspoon minced garlic plus 2 sliced garlic cloves, divided
- 1/4teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1cup green beans
- 1small broccoli crown
- 44-ounce chicken cutlets, trimmed
- 1/4teaspoon ground pepper
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2large red onion, sliced
- 4cups thinly sliced kale
- 2cups cooked brown rice
- 1/4cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Whisk tahini and 1/4 cup water in a small bowl until smooth. Add lemon juice, minced garlic, cumin and 1/4 teaspoon salt and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Trim green beans and cut in half. Break broccoli into florets. Measure 1 cup (reserve the rest for another use).
- Season chicken with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until an instant-read thermometer registers 160°F, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a clean cutting board and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Wipe out the pan and add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Add sliced garlic and cook for 30 seconds, then add the broccoli and green beans. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Stir in kale and add the remaining 2 tablespoons water. Cover and steam until the vegetables are tender-crisp, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Slice the chicken.
- To serve, divide rice and the vegetables among 4 bowls and top with the chicken. Drizzle with the reserved dressing and sprinkle with cilantro.
Refrigerate dressing (Step 1) for up to 3 days.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||9g|