Green Bean Salad with Feta Dressing
Briny feta, tangy buttermilk and fresh herbs combine in a yummy dressing for steamed green beans in this healthy side dish recipe. Serve with grilled chicken, pork or steak for an easy dinner.
- 1 1/2pounds mixed green and yellow string beans, trimmed and cut into thirds
- 1/4cup buttermilk
- 3tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 2tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dried
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1scallion, cut into thirds
- 2teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/3cup halved and very thinly sliced red onion
- Place a large bowl of ice water by the stove. Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a large saucepan fitted with a steamer basket. Add beans, cover and steam until tender-crisp, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer the beans to the ice water to cool. Drain and pat dry.
- Combine buttermilk, feta, mayonnaise, dill, parsley, scallion, vinegar, salt and pepper in a mini food processor. Pulse until almost smooth.
- Transfer the beans to a large bowl. Add onion and the dressing; toss to coat.
Refrigerate cooked beans (Step 1) for up to 1 day.
Per serving (recipe makes 6 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||1g|