Greek Turkey Burgers with Spinach, Feta & Tzatziki
Creamy tzatziki and crisp sliced cucumber add a refreshing twist to this easy Greek-inspired burger recipe loaded with feta, spinach and Mediterranean spices. No tzatziki? No problem! Make your own at home by combining plain Greek yogurt with a squeeze of lemon, dill and finely chopped cucumber.
- 1cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1pound 3% lean ground turkey
- 1/2cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon ground pepper
- 4small hamburger buns, preferably whole-wheat, split
- 4tablespoons tzatziki
- 12slices cucumber
- 8thick rings red onion (about 1/4-inch)
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Squeeze excess moisture from spinach. Combine the spinach with turkey, feta, garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper in a medium bowl; mix well. Form into four 4-inch patties. Oil the grill rack. Grill the patties until cooked through and no longer pink in the center, 4 to 6 minutes per side. (An instant-read thermometer inserted in the center should register 165°F.) Assemble the burgers on the buns, topping each with 1 tablespoon tzatziki, 3 cucumber slices and 2 onion rings.
To oil a grill rack, oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill.)
Prepare patties, wrap individually and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||5g|
© Meredith Operations Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.