These simple sautéed mushrooms work as a quick, weeknight side dish. To turn them into a main course, toss with cooked pasta and a generous handful of Parmesan cheese or fold into an omelet with Gruyère, fontina or Swiss cheese.
4 servings, about 3/4 cup each
- 1ounce bacon (about 1 1/2 slices), chopped
- 1 1/2pounds mixed mushrooms, such as cremini, shiitake (stemmed) and portobello, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2medium cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4cup dry white wine
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until just beginning to brown, about 4 minutes. Add mushrooms, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until almost dry, 8 to 10 minutes. Pour in wine and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings, about 3/4 cup each)
|Mono Saturated Fat||2g|
© Meredith Operations Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.