Garlic Roasted Salmon & Brussels Sprouts
Roasting salmon on top of Brussels sprouts and garlic, flavored with wine and fresh oregano, is a meal that is simple enough for a weeknight meal yet sophisticated enough to serve to company. Serve with whole-wheat couscous.
- 14large cloves garlic, divided
- 1/4cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano, divided
- 1teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 6cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and sliced
- 3/4cup white wine, preferably Chardonnay
- 2pounds wild-caught salmon fillet, skinned, cut into 6 portions
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Mince 2 garlic cloves and combine in a small bowl with oil, 1 tablespoon oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Halve the remaining garlic and toss with Brussels sprouts and 3 tablespoons of the seasoned oil in a large roasting pan. Roast, stirring once, for 15 minutes.
- Add wine to the remaining oil mixture. Remove the pan from oven, stir the vegetables and place salmon on top. Drizzle with the wine mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon oregano and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Bake until the salmon is just cooked through, 5 to 10 minutes more. Serve with lemon wedges.
Per serving (recipe makes 6 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||9g|