Garlic-Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Speed up roasting vegetables, like these lemon-and-thyme-infused Brussels sprouts, by cooking them on two large baking sheets instead of just one. This basic roasting technique also works for other root vegetables such as carrots, parsnips and potatoes.
- 2pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved (or quartered if large)
- 1small lemon, sliced
- 4cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/4cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/3cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4cup toasted pine nuts
- Position racks in upper and lower third of oven; preheat to 425°F.
- Toss Brussels sprouts, lemon, garlic, oil, thyme, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Divide between 2 large rimmed baking sheets and spread in an even layer.
- Roast without stirring for 10 minutes. Switch the pans top to bottom and continue roasting, without stirring, until lightly browned and tender, 8 to 10 minutes more. Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with Parmesan and pine nuts.
Per serving (recipe makes 6 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||9g|
© Meredith Operations Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.