Edamame & Chicken Greek Salad
This healthy dinner salad recipe with cucumber, feta, basil and olives has edamame added for extra protein. Serve with toasted pita brushed with olive oil and sprinkled with oregano.
- 18-ounce boneless skinless chicken breast, trimmed
- 1/4cup red-wine vinegar
- 3tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon ground pepper
- 8ounces frozen shelled edamame (about 1 1/2 cups), thawed
- 8cups chopped romaine (about 2 romaine hearts)
- 1cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/2European cucumber, sliced
- 1/2cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4cup slivered fresh basil
- 1/4cup sliced Kalamata olives
- 1/4cup slivered red onion
- Place chicken in a medium saucepan and add water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the chicken registers 165°F, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a clean cutting board and let cool for 5 minutes; shred or chop into bite-size pieces.
- Meanwhile, whisk vinegar, oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add edamame, romaine, tomatoes, cucumber, feta, basil, olives, onion and the chicken; toss to coat.
Refrigerate cooked chicken (Step 1) for up to 3 days.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||12g|