Easy Vegetarian Chili
Canned beans and tomatoes make this quick vegetarian chili recipe ready to go in just 30 minutes. Serve over rice or couscous, or with tortilla chips for added crunch, and top with chopped fresh cilantro, if desired. Diced avocado, sliced jalapeños and sliced scallions are other tasty options.
- 1tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4cup finely chopped white onion
- 1/2cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 4cloves garlic, chopped
- 2tablespoons chili powder
- 1tablespoon ground cumin
- 2teaspoons dried oregano
- 1teaspoon ground coriander
- 215-ounce cans low-sodium black beans, rinsed
- 114-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1/4cup water
- 1/2cup shredded cheese, such as Cheddar or pepper Jack
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Stir in chili powder, cumin, oregano and coriander; cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add beans, tomatoes (with their juice) and water and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve the chili sprinkled with cheese.
Refrigerate chili (Step 1) for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||4g|