Classic Sesame Noodles with Chicken
Classic sesame noodles become a healthy meal with lean chicken and tons of veggies in this quick recipe for Asian noodles. Be sure to rinse the spaghetti until it’s cold, then give it a good shake in the colander until it’s well drained. Are you a spiralizing pro? Swap 5 cups of raw zucchini, carrot or other veggie “noodles” for the cooked pasta.
- 8ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
- 3tablespoons toasted (dark) sesame oil
- 2scallions, chopped
- 1tablespoon minced garlic
- 2teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1teaspoon brown sugar
- 2tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2tablespoons ketchup
- 8ounces cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, shredded
- 1cup julienned carrots
- 1cup sliced snap peas
- 3tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Cook spaghetti in a pot of boiling water according to package directions. Drain, rinse and transfer to a large bowl.
- Combine sesame oil, scallions, garlic, ginger and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat until starting to sizzle. Cook for 15 seconds. Remove from heat and stir in soy sauce and ketchup. Add to the noodles along with chicken, carrots, snap peas and sesame seeds; gently toss to combine.
Refrigerate sauce and noodle mixture separately for up to 1 day; toss together before serving.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||6g|