Chocolate Coconut Macaroons
These airy coconut cookies get an upgrade with a simple dark chocolate drizzle in this healthy dessert recipe.
- 2large egg whites
- 1/2cup sugar
- 2 1/4cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1ounce dark chocolate, chopped and melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat egg whites in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add sugar and continue beating until the meringue is glossy. Stir in coconut, vanilla (or almond) extract and salt. Form the mixture into 20 balls, using about 1 tablespoon each, and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the macaroons until lightly browned on the outside but still soft on the inside, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Spoon melted chocolate into a small plastic bag. Snip off a tiny tip of one corner. Squeeze the chocolate through the hole and drizzle over the cooled cookies. Or dip a fork into the chocolate and quickly wave it over the cookies. Let the cookies stand until the chocolate sets before serving or storing.
Per serving (recipe makes 20 macaroons)
|Mono Saturated Fat||0g|