Chive & Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes
In this healthy mashed potato recipe, we flavor the mashed potatoes with tangy buttermilk and fresh snipped chives instead of butter.
8 servings, about 3/4 cup each
- 3pounds Yukon Gold potatoes (about 12 medium)
- 1tablespoon salt
- 1cup buttermilk
- 1/2cup snipped fresh chives
- Black or white pepper to taste
- Peel potatoes, if desired, and cut into 2-inch chunks. Place the potatoes and salt in a large heavy saucepan. Add cold water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer, cover, and cook until potatoes are very tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain well.
- Transfer the potatoes to a large bowl. Mash with a potato masher, an electric hand-held mixer or by working through a ricer.
- Stir buttermilk, chives, and pepper into the potatoes.
Transfer to a slow cooker, cover and keep on the “warm” setting for up to 2 hours.
Per serving (recipe makes 8 servings, about 3/4 cup each)
|Mono Saturated Fat||0g|
© Meredith Operations Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.