Chicken Taco Bowls
This chicken taco bowl recipe uses the underside of a muffin tin as a mold to bake cute little homemade “tortilla bowls.” The “tortilla bowls” are filled with a zesty chicken filling and topped like nachos.
- 86-inch corn tortillas
- Canola oil cooking spray
- 12ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1tablespoon canola oil
- 1cup prepared green salsa
- 1/2cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1cup thinly sliced lettuce
- 1medium tomato, chopped
- 2tablespoons sliced ripe black olives
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat tortillas until warm. Coat each side of 4 tortillas with cooking spray. (Keep the remaining 4 tortillas covered.) Turn a 12-cup muffin tin upside down. Nestle a tortilla in the space between 4 cups to form a “bowl”. Repeat with 3 more tortillas, making 4 bowls total. Bake until firm and beginning to brown, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Repeat with the remaining 4 tortillas.
- Meanwhile, toss chicken with garlic powder and salt in a bowl. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, stirring, until it is no longer pink on the outside, about 3 minutes. Add salsa and cook, stirring, until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle, about 3 minutes more. Cover and remove from the heat.
- Fill each tortilla bowl with about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture. Top with 1 tablespoon each cheese and sour cream, 2 tablespoons each lettuce and tomato and a few olives.
To warm corn tortillas, wrap a stack of tortillas in barely damp paper towels; microwave on High for 30 to 45 seconds. Or wrap stacks of 4 tortillas in foil; place in a 375°F oven for 10 to 15 minutes. Wrap tortillas in a clean towel to keep warm.
Muffin tin with 12 (1/2-cup) cups
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||9g|
© Meredith Operations Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.