This slow-cooker ham simmers in a blend of brown sugar, cherry cola, dry mustard and lemon juice for 8 or 9 hours on low heat. A tangy horseradish sauce and fresh sage complete the dish.
8 hours 20 minutes
- 1cup packed brown sugar
- 3/5cup cherry-flavor cola
- 2tablespoons lemon juice
- 1tablespoon dry mustard
- 15- to 5 1/2-pound cooked boneless ham
- 1/4cup cold water
- 2tablespoons cornstarch
- 1tablespoon prepared horseradish
- Fresh sage leaves (optional)
- In a 5 1/2- or 6-quart slow cooker, combine brown sugar, cola, lemon juice and mustard. Add ham, turning to coat. Cover and cook on Low for 8 to 9 hours.
- Transfer ham to a platter; cover to keep warm. In a small saucepan, stir together water and cornstarch. Add cooking juices from cooker. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Stir in horseradish. Slice ham and serve with sauce. If desired, garnish with sage leaves.
Per serving (recipe makes 20 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||3g|
© Meredith Operations Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.