Charred Broccoli with Almonds & Cherries
With many layers of texture and flavor, this creamy broccoli salad recipe is a delicious vegetable side that pairs with almost anything. If you can’t find dried cherries, try cranberries or currants.
- 10cups broccoli florets (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 6tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3/4teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3cup skin-on sliced almonds
- 2teaspoons minced garlic
- 3/5cup whole-milk plain yogurt
- 1/2cup dried cherries
- Position an oven rack in lowest position; preheat broiler to high.
- Toss broccoli with 1 tablespoon oil and salt in a large bowl. Spread evenly on a large rimmed baking sheet. Roast on the lowest rack until tender and charred in spots, 10 to 20 minutes, depending on the strength of your broiler.
- Combine almonds and garlic with the remaining 5 tablespoons oil in a small skillet. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until just starting to brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Scrape the mixture into a serving bowl. Stir in yogurt and cherries.
- Add the broccoli and stir to coat with the dressing. Serve room temperature or cold.
Per serving (recipe makes 6 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||13g|
© Meredith Operations Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.