Cauliflower Rice Pilaf
For a change of pace, and a new way to enjoy your veggies, swap your brown rice with this finely chopped cauliflower "rice."
- 6cups cauliflower florets (about 1 head)
- 3tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1/4cup chopped fresh herbs, such as chives, parsley, cilantro and/or basil
- 2teaspoons lemon zest
- Pulse cauliflower florets 2 cups at a time in a food processor until chopped into rice-size pieces.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the cauliflower rice, sprinkle with salt and cook, stirring, until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in almonds, herbs and lemon zest.
Refrigerate raw cauliflower “rice” (Step 1) for up to 3 days.
Per serving (recipe makes 6 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||7g|