Cauliflower, Pancetta & Olive Spaghetti
Don’t ditch your pasta-cooking water! The flavorful liquid retains a touch of the pasta’s starch, which helps your sauce cling to the pasta in this healthy pasta recipe.
- 8ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4cups finely chopped cauliflower
- 1/4cup diced pancetta
- 2cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2cup dry white wine
- 1/4cup finely chopped roasted red peppers
- 8pitted Kalamata olives, sliced
- 1tablespoon butter
- 1/4cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon ground pepper
- Cook pasta for 1 minute less than the package directions. Reserve 1 cup pasta water, then drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook cauliflower and pancetta, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower is starting to brown, about 10 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Stir in wine, increase heat to high and cook, stirring occasionally, until almost evaporated, about 2 minutes. Stir in peppers, olives and butter. Add the pasta along with the reserved cooking water; simmer until the water is almost evaporated, 1 to 2 minutes more. Stir in parsley, salt and pepper.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||5g|
© Meredith Operations Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.