Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
Shredded chicken is tossed with a creamy blue cheese-hot sauce dressing before being tucked into a whole-wheat tortilla in this healthy quesadilla recipe. Served with a quick carrot-and-celery slaw, this easy recipe is great for lunch or dinner but can also be cut into smaller wedges and served as an appetizer.
- 1pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
- 1/4teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2tablespoons low-fat plain yogurt
- 2tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2tablespoons white-wine vinegar plus 2 teaspoons, divided
- 1 1/2tablespoons hot sauce
- 1/4teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 48-inch whole-wheat tortillas
- 4teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil plus 1 tablespoon, divided
- 1cup thinly sliced celery
- 1cup shredded carrot
- 2scallions, thinly sliced
- Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat broiler to high. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper and place on the prepared baking sheet. Broil, turning once, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part reads 165°F, 14 to 18 minutes. Transfer to a clean cutting board and shred with 2 forks.
- Meanwhile, combine blue cheese, yogurt, mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons vinegar, hot sauce and cayenne in a medium bowl. Add the shredded chicken and stir to coat. Divide the chicken mixture among tortillas, arranging it on the lower half of each, and fold closed.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and add 2 quesadillas. Cook, turning once, until browned on both sides, 3 to 6 minutes total. Repeat with 2 teaspoons oil and the remaining quesadillas.
- Combine celery, carrot and scallions with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and 2 teaspoons vinegar in a medium bowl. Serve the quesadillas with the slaw.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||9g|