A picnic favorite, this salad combines broccoli, water chestnuts, cranberries and just a little bacon for delicious results. Our version has plenty of creaminess without all the fat. Make it once and it will become a regular on your backyard barbecue menu.
6 servings, 1 scant cup each
- 1clove garlic, minced
- 1/4cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1teaspoon sugar
- 4cups finely chopped broccoli crowns
- 18-ounce can sliced water chestnuts, rinsed and chopped
- 3slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 3tablespoons dried cranberries
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste to taste
- Whisk garlic, mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar and sugar in a large bowl. Add broccoli, water chestnuts, bacon, cranberries and pepper; stir to coat with the dressing.
Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Per serving (recipe makes 6 servings, 1 scant cup each)
|Mono Saturated Fat||1.41g|
|Trans Fatty Acid||0.04g|
© Meredith Operations Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.