Blue Cheese & Bacon Potato Salad
In this healthy potato salad recipe, a white-wine vinaigrette dresses the potatoes, green beans, blue cheese and bacon. Waxy potatoes, such as red and yellow, make the best potato salad because they hold their shape when cooked. Keep the potato skins on for more fiber and potassium.
- 2 1/2pounds yellow or red potatoes, scrubbed and diced (1/2- to 1-inch)
- 3/4teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1/4cup finely chopped shallot
- 1tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 1/2cups green beans (1-inch pieces; about 8 ounces)
- 3slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 1/4cup crumbled blue cheese
- Bring 1 to 2 inches of water to a boil in a large saucepan (or pot) fitted with a steamer basket. Add potatoes, cover and cook until tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Spread in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt; let cool 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk oil, vinegar, shallot, mustard, pepper and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Add the potatoes, green beans, bacon and blue cheese; stir well to coat. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate until cold.
Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Per serving (recipe makes 10 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||5g|