Berry Crisp Spiral Ham
Roasted spiral-sliced ham is already a holiday-worthy dish, but the raspberry-orange glaze really makes this recipe stand out.
4 pounds 5 ounces cooked meat
1 hour 50 minutes
- 18-pound spiral-sliced ham, liquid reserved
- 1cup orange juice
- 1/2cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2cup honey
- 1jalapeno chile pepper, stemmed, thinly sliced, and seeded, if desired
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Place ham, slices up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan; set aside. For berry glaze, in a medium saucepan combine the reserved ham liquid, orange juice, the jam, the 1 cup berries, the honey, and jalapeno pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until syrupy, stirring occasionally. Brush some of the glaze over ham.
- Cover ham loosely with foil. Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes or until heated through, brushing occasionally with glaze.
- Increase oven temperature to 425°F. Remove foil from ham. Spoon any remaining glaze over top and sides of ham. Bake for 10 minutes more or until top of ham is crispy and heated through (140°F). Remove; let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with additional raspberries.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 pounds 5 ounces cooked meat)
© Meredith Operations Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.